Dear Springfield Family,
We know these are difficult and uncertain times we are all facing right now. Due to these
circumstances, the Springfield Area Arts Council in partnership with the Illinois Times would
love to lift all of our spirits. This time of year is usually when we are getting ready for the
holidays. In the spirit of this, we are going to do something new this year.
We are going to have a Virtual Talent Show!
No auditions are required and you can enter into multiple categories within your own age group.
This event is a fundraiser for the Springfield Area Arts Council so there is a registration fee for
each submission; however, we do have a limited amount of registration grants for those
experiencing financial hardship. Please contact us to apply.
Information on categories, age groups, and registration fees are below.
Categories: Video uploads
1) Visual Arts (ex: painting, photography, drawing, etc.)
– Submit a time lapsed video showcasing design to completion (10 sec. minimum – 30 sec. maximum)
2) Vocal (ex: singing, poetry, etc.)
– Submit a video showcasing your vocal talent. Having recroded back track is allowed. (30 sec. minimum – 3 min. maximum)
3) Musical (musicians- individual, duo, group)
– Submit a video showcasing your instrumental talent. Singing with instrumental is allowed. (30 sec. minimum – 3 min. maximum)
4) Performance Arts (ex: dance, lip sync., puppetry, drag, standup, etc.)
– Submit a video showcasing your performance talent (30 sec. minimum – 3 min. maximum)
Age Groups for Each Category:
1) Kids: 12 years and under
2) Young Adult: 13 to 17 years
3) Adult: 18 years and older
Registration Cost Per Age Group/Per Submission:
1) Kids: $5
2) Young Adult: $10
3) Adult: $15
Top prizes/awards for each category and age group. Prizes/awards include gift cards and certificates.
~ All submissions in “Kids” category will earn special participation gift.
We encourage all residents to participate- individuals or the whole family. The sky is the limit on
creativity! You will have the entire month of November to create and submit your video/s. Due
date for all submissions is Monday, November 16. Voting will then take place from Thursday,
November 19 to Monday, December 7. Voting is open to the entire community. Judging will
commence the week after voting ends and winners will be announced Monday, December 14.
Our overall hope with this project is that we connect as a community and get to see each other
even if only through videos, laugh and smile and create lasting memories.
We look forward to seeing all of your amazing videos and talent, let’s do this Springfield!
‘Live’ at the Market: Saturday, October 24 (city film crew will be at 122 S. 4th St. to film those that are unable to do so themselves)
Download the PDF information sheet